Bleu d’Auvergne vacherin
For the vacherin :
- 200 g Bleu d’Auvergne
- 300 g caster sugar
- 250 g egg white
For the peer sorbet :
- 300 g pear
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g water
- 2 egg whites
To decorate :
- Isomalt sugar substitute
- Blue coloring
- 250 g whipped cream
- 1 pear
To make the meringue:
- Cut the Bleu d’Auvergne into small pieces.
- Place in the oven and leave to dry out.
- Mix and add the caster sugar. Mix again, at high speed, to create blue cheese sugar.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form a peak and slowly add the blue cheese sugar.
- Use a piping bag to create a form and bake for around 4 hours at 80°.
To make the sorbet:
- Make a syrup using the sugar and water then add the pear cut into cubes.
- Place in the sorbet mould and freeze (-20°).
- Once the mixture has taken, add the egg whites and blend.
- Melt the Isomalt sugar then lightly colour using the blue colouring.
- Create decorations using your chosen moulds, and set aside.
- Put down a disk of Bleu d’Auvergne meringue then a scoop of sorbet and cover with a second disk of meringue.
- Place the whipped cream on top using an icing bag. To finish, add a few pear balls and the sugar decorations.
Details about the recipe
Recipe by chef Francis Delmas from “L’Ander” restaurant.
Photo credit: Pierre Soissons